Beauty sleep is crucial to looking youthful. When you work so hard at doing your facial exercises and following an antiaging skincare regimen, it only makes sense that you make the most of your sleep. To do this, it’s extremely important to sleep on your back. Across the board, doctors and sleep experts agree that it’s the healthiest position to sleep in and ca help prevent health and beauty issues. Here are five reasons why you should retrain yourself if you’ve been sleeping in other positions.
1. It protects your face. Sleeping on your back helps protect your facial skin against the formation of deep lines and creases. Sleeping with your face in the air is healthier overall and helps you avoid the lines that form when your face is smashed against a pillow. We’ve all seen those sleep lines when we wake up and prayed they would disappear. The reality is, if you continue sleeping in the wrong position, over time, those lines will remain.
2. To protect your decollete. As with your face, sleeping on your side or stomach can cause deep creases in your decollete.
3. It maintains perky breasts. Sleeping on your back ensures that you don’t put too much pressure on your front side, which leads to sagging over time.
4. To support your spine. When you sleep on your back, your spine can maintain neutral position and you don’t force your back and neck into any contortions. In addition, sleeping on your back allows your mattress to provide support for your spine.
5. Fighting acid reflux. When you sleep with your head facing upwards and elevated, your stomach will be lower than your esophagus. In this position, food and acid won’t be able to come back up.
Visit this link to learn more about the benefits of facial exercises.