When you take the time to do your Facercises and implement a beneficial skincare regimen, it only makes sense that you follow a diet with antiaging properties. Fall is loaded with delicious antioxidant-rich produce that helps fight free radical damage and prevent aging.
Read on for five excellent foods to incorporate into your diet—they’ll not only boost the results of doing your daily Facercises, your waistline will benefit as well.
1. Pomegranate. This juicy fruit is loaded with vitamin C, which helps protect against sun damage and boosts immunity. Vitamin C helps your skin produce collagen, a critical protein that helps maintain its waterproof barrier. Pomegranates are also loaded with powerful antioxidants that reduce inflammation, acne, sun damage, fine lines and wrinkles.
2. Apples. Another excellent source of vitamin C, apples also provide vitamin A, which plays an essential role in skin development. In addition, apples are rich in copper, an important mineral that helps our bodies produce melanin, the pigment that colors your skin and protects it from the sun’s dangerous ultraviolet rays.
3. Brussels sprouts. These green leafy vegetables boost your skin’s elasticity with a high content of copper, vitamins A, C and K, as well as several flavonoid compounds with strong anti-inflammatory properties.
4. Beets. This delicious root vegetable has shown to reverse dull skin by stimulating the lymphatic system, which removes toxins from our cells. These vibrant veggies also boosts your bloodstream’s oxygen transporting ability, which helps brighten your skin and create a youthful glow.
5. Cranberries. This tangy seasonal favorite packs a serious antioxidant and anti-inflammatory punch that helps fight free radical damage. Their high concentration of phytonutrients helps detoxify the skin and is particularly helpful for acne-prone and oily skin. The anti-inflammatory properties in cranberries also help reduce redness and soothe itchy, irritated skin.