5 Benefits of Green Tea
Tea has been touted for centuries for its medicinal and healing properties—and for good reason. Rich in antioxidants and polyphenols, green tea yields an array of anti-inflammatory properties that improves our beauty, weight and overall health. It’s a must for your antiaging practices and a great complement to both your facial exercises and No Lipo Lipo regimen.
Here are just five of the incredible benefits of drinking green tea.
1. It improves your complexion. Drinking green tea helps flush the toxins from your skin, while reducing inflammation that cause breakouts and promoting faster healing. Green tea also contains catechins, antibacterial agents that help fight the bacteria that cause acne and regulate hormonal imbalances. Studies have shown that the antioxidants in green tea also boost elasticity.
2. Green tea helps fight aging. Green tea contains polyphenols that help combat the free radicals that damage the skin and accelerate aging.
3. It reduces puffy eyes. We all remember the old school tea-bags-on the-eyelids remedy that so many of used to disguise a hangover. The good news is, green tea is actually the real deal when it comes to reducing the appearance of dark circles and puffy eyes, due to its content of tannins, antioxidants and vitamin K.
4. Green tea helps with weight loss. Research shows that green tea boasts natural thermogenic properties and polyphenols that oxidize fat faster and boosts our metabolic rate. It also contains EGCG, an antioxidant that ultimately helps break down more fat in our bodies. It has also been shown to help regular blood sugar levels.
5. It can help reduce anxiety and stress. Green tea is rich in the amino acid l-theanine, which helps increase alpha waves in the brain, a natural state that helps reduce stress and anxiety.
Swap out those fattening coffee drinks for two cups of green tea each day—you will love the results. Click here to learn more about our revolutionary regimen of facial exercises.