5 Tips for Summer Skin Care
Summer is in full swing, which means we’re outdoors more and exposed to hot temperatures and sunny skies. While this can mean lots of fun times to share with family and friends, it also can result in unsightly sun damage. When you’re working hard to take care of your skin and doing your facial exercises regularly, this can be very frustrating.
Read on for some excellent tips for giving your skin extra care during the summer.
1. Hydrate properly. Hot temperatures are very dehydrating—always have a bottle of water on hand and sip it throughout the day to keep your skin hydrated from the inside out. Try to drink eight to 10 glasses per day if possible.
2. Wear sunscreen every single day. This is so imperative—sun damage can occur even if you’re only outside for five minutes to run an errand or going back and forth from the car. Don’t take the risk—apply sunscreen 20 minutes before sun exposure. Make sure to apply sunblock to your face, neck, décolletage and hands.
3. Have tea time. Sip green tea every day, whether it’s hot or iced. Green tea contains Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), a powerful polyphenol that yields a bevy of antiaging benefits and has been shown to protect skin from the sun’s harmful rays. EGCG also has anti-inflammatory properties and boosts metabolism.
4. Eat right. Choose a diet rich in foods with anti-inflammatory properties. Load up on summer fruits and vegetables, high-protein food and yummy healthy fats, such as avocados, tuna, salmon, eggs, and nuts such as almonds, cashews, pine nuts and walnuts.
5. Wear your glasses. Sunglasses, that is! Sunglasses can help cut the glare that causes you to squint, which can result in those dreaded crow’s feet, forehead lines and eyebrow furrows. Opt for shades that block out 100 percent of those harmful UV rays, as they will also help protect your eyesight. Sun damage can cause cataracts and lead to other issues with vision down the line.
Incorporate these four tips and do your Facercises daily and you will have beautiful skin all summer long. Visit this link to learn more about our system of antiaging facial exercises.